Strategy Consulting & Research
Our strategy consulting and research experts design and execute in-depth analysis to solve complex business and communications challenges for our clients.
Working closely with colleagues throughout FTI Consulting who specialize in specific industry sectors, we rigorously analyze stakeholder perceptions and day-to-day operations, as well as the financial markets. We use the results to help our clients create communications and marketing plans, test business strategies and make better operational decisions.
Our international network enables us to conduct research in all relevant countries and in the most appropriate language. We are particularly well-known for gaining insight from elusive audiences.
Our multidisciplinary team is composed of professionals who previously have been partners in major strategy firms and leaders in research consultancies, as well as political campaign managers, financial executives and academics.
Corporate reputation rests on the opinions of a wide range of stakeholders, from investors, employees and the media to customers, policymakers and the broader public. Each group has its own specific criteria. We use a unique set of analytical tools, including our enterprise value focus and our ability to access and review opinion from many elusive audiences, as we measure corporate reputation and its impact. We believe it is critical to assess a company’s reputation and identify its potential impact on raising capital, attracting employees, evaluating new markets and maintaining credibility in crises.
Capital Markets Research
We help clients determine the impact of major changes in corporate strategy or capital allocation policies on valuation and shareholder sentiment. Our research serves as an independent filter, critical to ensuring objective feedback. We have been particularly effective in helping clients assess the implications of new strategies, identify the best capital allocation policies and evaluate the threat of shareholder activism. Client services include:
- Market intelligence
- Investor and analyst perception studies
- Equity valuation, including comparative valuation and financial statement analysis
- Broader evaluation of the market, relevant peer sets and comparable situations
- Shareholder alignment evaluation, including sentiment reviews and shareholder base diagnostics
- Our proprietary Market Perception Index, which combines statistical and financial analysis with investor perceptions to determine the alignment of client performance, strategies and communications
- Market scan and growth option development research and financial modeling to help clients evaluate and determine how to enter new markets
Public Affairs Research
We provide our clients with data-driven insights to help shape public debate and government policies that affect our clients. To effectively reach and influence the right audiences, we help our clients:
- Test messages in support of, or in opposition to, legislation or regulation
- Identify themes and messages that expose weakness in public support for specific legislation or regulation
- Identify the most advantageous way to frame a debate
- Segment supporters and opponents
- Track how a program has affected policymaker opinion
Political Risk, Intelligence & Analysis
We provide law firms, corporations and government clients with clear analysis of complex issues for use in legal and regulatory proceedings, strategic decision making and public policy debates. Using a range of analytical tools and research methods, we assess political risk and provide up-to-the-minute intelligence on political and regulatory developments. Our research-based insights help clients understand what drives key policy shifts. Our insights also support management business decisions and help in the framing of political engagement strategies.
Employee Engagement & Change Communications
FTI Consulting helps clients drive business performance by developing internal programs that improve employee alignment with their goals, strategies and the drivers of reputation. Whether there’s a need to embed a new vision, integrate a merger or acquisition, restructure in response to changing markets or roll out a new brand experience, we can help you engage and inspire your people through impactful communications.
Our services include:
- Employee research to gauge awareness, understanding and support of organizational direction, brand strategy and positioning
- Comprehensive audits to determine effectiveness of communications channels, methods and messages
- Communications programs and infrastructure development, including message architecture, leadership connections, and employee experiences through targeted channels and events
- Tracking of studies to assess progress
Our research tools allow us to develop insights that clients use to improve sales, identify new markets and reduce customer acquisition costs. Services provided include:
- Data gathering among both end users and distribution channel members
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative research to understand needs, attitudes, usage, end-user experience and value propositions
- Economic, database and strategic models that link insights to value
- Product development and concept testing
- New market entry
Marketing & Communications Performance Measurement
FTI Consulting works with clients to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and allocate resources accordingly. We achieve this by:
- Message testing to understand what is being said, how and to whom
- Advanced analysis to measure the relative impact of product features, brand, messaging, experience, channel, price and other levers
- Analysis of survey results, social media, and sales and customer relationship management data
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,200 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. The Company generated $1.65 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2013. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.